When printing a check from a bill, the memo field for checks is based on the invoice number and notes for the bill you are basing the check on. You can change these two fields using the following steps.
- Login to https://secure.cheqbook.com
- Select the company you want to work with.
- Click "Bills"
- Create a new bill by clicking "New Bill" or edit a bill by clicking "View" and then "Edit"
- Change the "Invoice Number" or leave it blank. Anything you put here will be included in the check memo.
- Change the "Notes" or leave it blank. Anything you put here will be included in the check memo.
- IMPORTANT: In the case that you are printing a check for multiple bills at once, the Invoice Numbers and Notes fields are combined.
- IMPORTANT: The maximum length of the Memo field on the check is 50 characters after which the remaining characters will be cut off. For this reason, it is best to keep bill notes short or include important info at the beginning.