Customers can be imported into Cheqbook from a CSV file (comma separated values). We built it to work with QuickBooks standard export format, but it should work with other system formats as well. See the example file attached to get an idea of how it should be formatted.
To import a customer list:
- Log in to Cheqbook and select your company (if you have access to more than one company).
- Navigate to the Customer section
- Click "Import" at the top right of the page
- The next page should be titled "Import Customers." Click on the "choose file" button and select the file you want to upload.
- You can "Preview" the upload to see the customers that will be imported. This is also to make sure the system can read the CSV file properly and the data looks correct before actually creating records.
- If everything looks good, then click "Upload."
Some things to note:
- The "Preview" step is optional.
- Customers with duplicate names, either from the file or already in the system, will be ignored.
- We do not save the file; we read from it and then discard it.